Time flies when you're busy living...

Finally with a Saturday off I figured it was time to add a new post to this...wait, what is this called again? Oh that's right, MY BLOG.

It's not that I'm against updating it. Its just hard to remember to get back to it between shooting photos, uploading and editing photos, Facebooking (is that even a word?!) and then tweeting about my photos after the fact.

Add in the fact that I've got a soon-to-be 11-month on the prowl and trying to find time to blog about my photography (and life I suppose) can be the last thing on my list right after the other last thing on my list (which probably has something to do with Facebook or Twitter).

To sum up the past few months, here are some of the highlights:

-Iowa Football: I wrapped up my 2nd year of shooting the Hawkeyes football team in action for Replay Photos (www.replayphotos.com/iowaphotostore). As a die-hard fan I continue to work on trying to separate my personal feelings and professional obligations when I'm on the sideline.

There's me with the camera up to my face with the white hat and black coat doing my thing. (Photo credit: The University of Iowa)
This season was up-and-down both for the team and for myself. I tried refining my talents shooting sports and added a new weapon to my arsenal, a 2x extender tube for my Canon 7D.

Overall I've been pleased with it but it tends to add a glow where in the photo where a bright reflection would be. I don't claim to be a equipment junkie nor do I know much technical jargon but that's just something I noticed.

The real highlight of the season (despite how the season went and how the game ended) was the end-of-season trip to Lincoln, NE for the inaugural "Heroes Game" between Iowa and Nebraska.


I spent the weekend with in-laws in Sioux City and headed for the game at 2:30am that Friday. The drive was nice on the way down but seemed to last forever on the way back due to the result of the game and due to the stomach bug that I caught.

All-in-all it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I'm sure 20 years from now I'll look back and smile on.

For right now though, I'm not looking forward to hearing about it from Nebraska fans for the next year leading up to the 2012 edition of the game. ;)

-High School football championship game (Union/LaPorte City): One of my all-time favorite sport and level of sport is high school football and there is nothing bigger when it comes to that than a championship game. This was my first time getting to shoot from the sideline at "the Dome" and it was incredible!


-Iowa Basketball (Mens and Womens): Although I've only gotten to shoot one game of each it was a nice change of pace from football. 1) It's a climate controlled environment and 2) there's less getting up and down for change of possessions.


-Some other odds and ends: I am really proud of this album that I shot of a classmate of mine. We tried messing around with lights, poses, concepts and I think we really came away with some nice images.

You can check out the complete album here: Neat shots!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In 15 Years of Sports Photography: A First!

~{ Greeting from Bride's Corner, Waterloo, IA }~

JScott Images Earns 1st Place in Iowa Marketing Awards