Maquoketa Valley Girls Basketball Team Closes Out Amazing Season!

The moment was inevitable.

The season was going to have to come to an end at some point.

And while this ending included a trophy, it wasn't quite the one the players had wanted to hoist above their heads.


With a 59-44 loss yesterday, the 2012-13 Maquoketa Valley girls basketball team secured its spot as one of the top-four basketball teams in the state in Class 2A. It's understandable that the Wildcats probably wanted to finish even higher!


Maquoketa Valley finished its season 20-6. The team that beat them yesterday, Lawton-Bronson, will now face No. 1 ranked and defending champion Western Christian (25-1) for the title at 6 pm on Friday.


OK, onto something more positive! =)
To the players and coaching staff from JScott Images, 

CONGRATULATIONS on an awesome season including your trip to the state tournament!! I want to personally thank the players, the coaching staff, the parents and the fans for embracing me as much as you did on this run to the state tournament.

I know for sure you made your school, the communities that make up Maquoketa Valley High School, your teachers and classmates, your parents and families, MV alumni, your Tri-Rivers opponents and ALL of Delaware County proud! 

It was fun getting to capture some of the biggest moments of the season and make them available for your family, friends and fans to check out!




I've always had a soft-spot in my heart for Maquoketa Valley High School and its athletic programs dating back to my days working for the Manchester Press and Dyersville Commercial newspapers. 

My wife, son and I are in the process of trying to get back to the Delaware County area and I hope to be able to offer the same level of photography and coverage for other MV related sports and activities as I did for the basketball team.

I also hope to bring along a different approach and option for senior photos for those of you in the junior class, the Class of 2014! (Holy cow, is it seriously almost time for y'all to graduate?!)

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, THANK YOU for allowing me to play a small part in your fantastic season! 

LASTLY,

Some of you may remember this image that I shared yesterday...


Well here are some interesting stats about it from Facebook...

It received 12 likes, was shared 65 times and reached, get this...

5,716 people!

No lie. 5,716 people knew that you all were behind your Wildcats down at state!

Nice job Wildcats! You rock! Thank you for helping this spread like WILDFIRE across the internet yesterday!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In 15 Years of Sports Photography: A First!

~{ Greeting from Bride's Corner, Waterloo, IA }~

JScott Images Earns 1st Place in Iowa Marketing Awards