JScott Images Happy to Be Back in the Cedar Valley!


We'll only be accepting 40 seniors this summer so ACT FAST on scheduling your session before all slots are gone!


Greetings! I am proud to share that JScott Images is officially open and ready to rock the greater Cedar Valley area!

For those that don't remember, I was the crazy guy that used to travel around to various high school sporting events thanks to an award winning social media contest called "We Want JScott" that set the Twitter world on fire. In a matter of a few years I went from being a relative unknown photographer in a large pool of photographers to becoming one of the most well known and sought after photographers in all of Eastern Iowa.

A group photo of me and some crazy fun students at Wapsie Valley High School that were one of the many winners of my We Want JScott contest that had me traveling all over Eastern Iowa a few years ago.

After a three year stint that saw my family's life go from Waterloo to Manchester and back to Waterloo (gotta love "adulting") we have finally settled down in the beautiful town of Denver, just a few miles north of Waterloo. (I've included a map in case you've never been here or didn't realize there was a Denver in Iowa.


While I'll still be a home based photography operation, nothing has changed with my style of photography and my willingness to travel anywhere to provide you and your seniors with the killer images they want.

If you happen to live in the green area above, then you'll be in my target area as I want to focus my efforts on seniors that live within a 30-45 minute drive from Denver (and Cedar Falls, one of my all-time favorite downtown areas to photograph clients!). If you happen to live in the yellow area, I'm interested in your business too but know that there will be a mileage charge and minimum order required to book since you live around an hour from Denver. 


Whether they're a four-sport athlete that has a love for competition or are just wanting something a little different than what's available in your area, I can provide you with a high energy photoshoot that leaves your senior feeling comfortable and not glued to their smartphone (that actually happens?!).

Haley from Maquoketa Valley incorporated a gorgeous setting sun in her backyard into this stunning senior photo.

I've been shooting senior photos for around 15 years and have been operating JScott Images officially since the spring of 2012. What sets my senior photography apart from the others comes down to five things:

1) Deals galore!

Good photography is not cheap and my prices reflect that HOWEVER I am always willing to reward my best clients with deals to help take off some of the investment that comes with the senior photo experience. I'm not one of those photographers that are "passionate" about photography. Of course I love photography and all that it's brought to me, it's a business for me. I take it very seriously and it is definitely more than a hobby; it's my career.

With that said, if you're looking to make a deal, let's talk! I'm into offering deals for a variety of reasons including but not limited to:

-The speed in which you pay your balance. 
-The method. 
-The number of booked referrals you send. 
-The level of investment you make into my business. 

When it comes to working with the amount of money involved in the senior photo world of today, I'll be the first to say that I'm definitely not cheap. But, I'm always willing to do what I can to make things a little easier to afford.

Payment plans are available and I accept most major credit cards, with a small fee.

2) Re-shoot guarantee. 

It's one thing that I've never had to do but always put out there as where I stand with the quality of images I produce. While I absolutely guarantee that you'll enjoy your photoshoot and the images that come with, Some businesses talk about simply returning your money and while that's great, it leaves you unsettled and without the awesome photos you wanted in the first place. That's why I offer a re-shoot guarantee if you are not completely happy with your images. Now don't get me wrong, if you don't like them because you regret the shirt you wore, that probably doesn't warrant a re-shoot. But let's just entertain the notion that when you get your images back you're just not completely wowed with what you see, we'll go back out another day and re-shoot it.

Again, I've never had to take anybody up on this offer but it's there.



3) I Bring The Photoshoots to Your "Neck of the Woods".


This means you're not having to drive to a studio, struggle with downtown parking and then end up with stuffy studio photos that look like everyone else's. I take all of my equipment with me wherever you want me to go. Whether that's your home, your backyard, your high school gymnasium or your favorite sports field, I bring the studio look and feel to wherever you're most comfortable, not the other way around. This allows the most flexibility for everyone involved!

This allows you to have a collection of images that include a variety of shots that include places that are special to where you're from.

Waverly-Shell Rock 2017 graduate Krissy says she's very proud of living in the small town of Shell Rock, Iowa, so we loved being able to include this painted wall into the background.
This shot of Union 2017 grad Cael took place in the very locker room that he used during his years as a star basketball player for the Knights. Being able to get studio quality shots from places that are special to your senior is a nice bonus for booking with JScott Images.

You just simply aren't going to get this kind of on-location photograph from a "natural light" photographer. This required powerful studio lights to over power the sun to give us the rich blue sky, the dark green grass and the awesome flare effect of the sun. Dalton from Anamosa wanted to incorporate his truck and love of being a farm kid into his photos.

4) I Bring More than Just "Natural Light" to my Photoshoots!

If you've done some shopping around for a senior photographer you've most certainly come across photographers that boast that they are a "natural light" photographer. Not sure what that means? Well, to many in the industry that translates to them not being comfortable with or having an understanding of using studio lights.

All of those edgy, Nike looking senior photos that you see? Sorry, can't make them with natural light (I mean, technically you could if you had crazy good Photoshop skills but why spend all that time trying to draw up an edgy senior photo if you can just create that look with studio lights).

Want that really edgy Nike/Under Armour look to your senior's images? It sure comes a lot easier when you have high powered studio lights, just ask Waterloo Columbus' Connor (and his abs).

Having studio lights on location also allows me to overpower the bright sun. This is a huge considering a lot of the time our photoshoot will happen during the mid-morning or afternoon sun. This also allows your senior to look like something out of a major sports ad and give you the defined features that all high school athletes want to show off.




5) Action/event photos!

One of the things that helped make me a household name to my clients and their classmates is my ability to take some of the best action photos. It's something that I truly love photographing and I always try to somehow incorporate them into the packages that I offer. Since a lot of the seniors that I photograph are athletes they appreciate having the opportunity to have one of the best action photographers at their sporting events. The same is true for band and music events as well!







So if after reading all of this you're interested in booking with JScott Images, please either email jscottimages@gmail.com or call 319.521.3991.

We're excited to take your inquiry and make the most of it. We want your business and the opportunity to create memorable images that you and your child will treasure for decades to come!

Thanks for reading this blog post!

Justin Scott
Owner/Photographer
JScott Images
Denver, Iowa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In 15 Years of Sports Photography: A First!

~{ Greeting from Bride's Corner, Waterloo, IA }~

JScott Images Earns 1st Place in Iowa Marketing Awards