Recap: Delaware County Fair



It's been a few days since the end of the Delaware County Fair so I thought I'd take a moment and recap some of the highlights and thank a few people!



  • First off, I want to personally thank everybody that took the moment to check out my work, hear my story, learn about JScott Images and book sessions or purchase parade photos. It was great getting to meet you and I look forward to providing you the highest quality professional photography possible!!

  • It was hot. Like really hot. ALL. WEEK. LONG. Thank goodness for my fan otherwise I'm not sure I would have survived.

  • I'd also like to thank Jeannie Domeyer, her sidekick Shelly (never did get her last name), the staff and security team of the Delaware County Fair Board for assisting me leading up to and during the week of the fair. They were great to work with and helped make my first ever booth experience an enjoyable and successful one!

  • I also want to thank all of the vendors, especially those that offered feedback, advice, recommendations, conversation and a few tools (Special thanks to Tracey Huisinga of Parkersburg, Iowa for letting me use some of her Tomboy Tools to help put my booth together! Also, a thank you goes out to the Walcott CB team from Delhi. What a great couple and family! They made the week that much better.

  • All-in-all fair week was a HUGE success! I didn't get a headcount of everyone that passed by my booth but I'd have to estimate it was the ballpark of 1,000-1,500. I offered a giveaway for a free 2-hour family session, a free 2-hour senior session and $500 towards an 8-hour wedding. I ended up having 110 people sign up for the contest, which was way more than I could have ever dreamed of having!

  • I was able to get the camera out of its bag and do some shooting during the week. The fine people of the High Flying Pages allowed me to photograph their equestrian show and trapeze show. They were amazing to watch. It reminded me of why I'm a photographer and not a professional athlete. Especially an athlete that rides upside down on a horse or flies through the air. 

  • One of my other favorite things to photograph is the annual demolition derby, which was held on a toasty Sunday afternoon! This year again featured several entries from all over northeastern Iowa! The highlight of the day, in my opinion, was the mini-van demo. If you've never seen mini-vans go head-to-head in a good ol' fashioned "crash 'em up" derby, well then you haven't really lived.

    In the end, the whole fair experience was a rewarding one. I definitely plan on adding it to my calendar in the future. Perhaps next year, I'll have to hire an aspiring photographer or sales person to work the booth and "cook" for me. :)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In 15 Years of Sports Photography: A First!

~{ Greeting from Bride's Corner, Waterloo, IA }~

JScott Images Earns 1st Place in Iowa Marketing Awards