Ain't No Party Like a Fair Booth Party









Growing up, the vendor "barn" at the Delaware County Fair was a place to stock up.

Ink pens.

Keychains.

Koozies.

And just about anything else a person really doesn't need more of all for free in front of them.



Now it becomes an ideal spot for me to share with the people of Manchester and surrounding communities in and around Delaware County my photography business and just what I can offer them.

I ended up with a corner spot, prime location as I'm right next to one of only two entrances in the barn. Traffic by the booth was sporadic yesterday early on but man, once it got going, it didn't seem to stop.

At one point my dad was kind enough to drop off a brown bag lunch (seriously, it was a lunch in a brown paper bag...I haven't had one of those since my elementary school days) which gave me a much needed boost.



I worked the booth from noon to 9pm. At the start things were pretty laid back, I had a few people stop by to check out things, which allowed me some time to double check that I had things set up the way that I wanted it. I mingled with some of the other vendors that had booths there.

As things started to pick up and the fair really got going, traffic inside the barn really picked up and it seemed that as soon as I was done talking to one person or couple, more would show up (which I am not complaining about at all).



So far I've gotten 25 people registered for my Grand Prize Giveaway, scheduled for Saturday afternoon. Included in my giveaway are the following:

  • -1 FREE 2-hour Family Session
  • -1 FREE 2-hour Senior Session
  • -$500 OFF an 8-hour Wedding Package
In addition, I'm offering 50% OFF all senior and family sessions booked during the fair!

What I'm most pleased about with this whole experience so far is getting to see people's faces light up when they imagined having their photos taken. They smiled even more when I mentioned to them that I was bringing my business to Manchester, hopefully in the next few weeks or months!



So, with Day 2 of the fair almost ready to fire off, I'm looking to get more buzz going for my $20.13 Senior Class Contest. Go to JScott Images on Facebook and show some love for your high school. The school with the most votes earns senior sessions for its ENTIRE senior class for just $20.13!!!

Swing by my booth today if you haven't already. I'd love to share with you some of my work and what I'm offering including the newest addition to my "arsenal". These are one-of-a-kind photo frames made using old barn doors picked up at area estate sales and auctions. 


Pricing and packages with these are still being determined but I'd love to hear what you think of them! The pictures on these frames are 11x14 just to give you an idea of how big these things really are! They will be on display at my booth if you'd like to come check them out! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In 15 Years of Sports Photography: A First!

~{ Greeting from Bride's Corner, Waterloo, IA }~

JScott Images Earns 1st Place in Iowa Marketing Awards