Four months and one list.

First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2012 was fabulous and I certainly hope that 2013 is even better!

As 2013 gets ready to rock and roll, I've begun trying to come up with a list of my business New Year’s resolutions. I’ve never really been a resolution type of guy but have learned while trying to get my photography business up and running, a resolution is nothing more than a goal or something on a to-do list; if you don’t write it down then it never gets done.



With that said, here’s a rough list of some of the things on my Photography Resolutions List of 2013:

-Blog more.

-Blog a lot.

-Just blog. Period. 
(I bring up blogging because apparently my last blog post dates back to September 21, 2012. That’s no way to keep a blog up-to-date and exciting. My apologies.)

-Reach out more to my fans. What is it you’d like to know more about? Would you like me to answer questions about photography on my blog page?

-Try new techniques with my photography. I want to keep trying to approach photography as a challenge.

-Shoot more fun stuff. Shoot more stuff that I don’t normally shoot: boudoir, modeling sessions, newborns/babies, bar mitzvahs, anything you can think of that I don’t normally shoot.

-Offer mentoring sessions. Whether it’s one-on-one or in large groups, I love showing photographers with all different levels of knowledge and experience what I know.

-Keep shooting sports but shoot some of the lesser appreciated sports. Action and sports photography is one of the things that I truly love doing but I’ve noticed that I shoot a lot of the big three (football, basketball and baseball) but really don’t shoot some of the other sports (golf, track, cross country, swimming, etc.).

-Keep my ears open to YOUR feedback. It’s your feedback that provides the compass for my business. If there’s something that you would like me to do, try or photograph please let me know!

****

So here goes my first challenge for you, my fans! Leave me a comment on this blog, or leave a comment on my Facebook page under this blog OR shoot me an email at jscottimages@gmail.com with some photography related questions you have that you would like to have answered and I will try to answer your questions in my next blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In 15 Years of Sports Photography: A First!

~{ Greeting from Bride's Corner, Waterloo, IA }~

JScott Images Earns 1st Place in Iowa Marketing Awards