Hitting 2,000 Facebook Fans!



Years ago, I was just a kid with a camera and a desire to shoot sports.

I got my start in a Photography class that I took as an elective while in high school at West Delaware High School in Manchester (great school by the way, 2000 graduate!).

The year was 1998. Or maybe it was 1999. I guess I'm getting old as my memory isn't working well this morning. =)

Well anyway, the point is, Facebook and the age of social media was years down the road. So even though I hadn't thought of myself as a business just yet I was laying the groundwork to where I'd hope to be down the road.

But to think that one day I'd have over 2,000 people that would not only declare that they like my work but that they'd like it enough to get updates about it so they could see it (and I'm sure judge it) on a daily--and hourly--basis...now that's just crazy talk!

I can remember a time when I'd shoot a high school basketball game and get a rush if any of the players liked my images enough to tell their parents that they should check it out. I was blown away if the parent would then ask me if they could buy a copy of it.

Again, different time and different circumstances but at the same time, 2,000 fans is a lot of people.

Let's put this into perspective...

I'm from Manchester, a town of 5,179 as of the 2010 Census. So that means that if all of my fans were from Manchester, that'd be 38.7% of the entire town. That's almost 4 out of every 10 people.

Insane!

I guess I've never got too caught up with the total number of fans that I have Facebook. On one side of it, without getting into too much detail, Facebook has really made it tough for businesses and even people with just an interest in something with a page about it to reach all of their fans.

But even so, to think that every time I share a photo, a thought or an opinion from a photography/business perspective, a group of folks 1/3 the size of my town is able to see it and interact with me about it...

Let's just say I love technology almost as much as I love photography and of course my fans!

If you're one of my 2,000+ fans, I want to thank you personally and say that your support is greatly appreciated! Photography is a very competitive industry with new photographers setting up shop every day so any and all support of my work is very much recognized and appreciated.

Have a great day!

(If you reached this post via Twitter and haven't checked out my page, please swing by www.facebook.com/jscottimages to check out some of my work! Thanks!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In 15 Years of Sports Photography: A First!

~{ Greeting from Bride's Corner, Waterloo, IA }~

My MAIPP Experience